Class Structure

Ken Thompson III mrandmrst at comcast.net
Tue Jan 11 02:55:23 AKST 2005

Dave,

I also understand your points.  I'm sure there are some pilots that are intimidated with the perception that surrounds Pattern.  Myself, I flew a Quest, last year, and am going to fly an Excelleron 90 this year.  These acquisitions were not because of the "perceived need to fly Sportsman with a Pattern plane", they were just because I wanted a new plane, and what better excuse to use on the wife, "But Honey, I going to fly Pattern and I have to have a plane that's competitive!"
I believe that some of the reason that pilots are staying in Sportsman a little longer is, the better pilots are moving up so last year's beginners are finally in the plaques, vying for 1st and 2nd places, nice stuff to hang on the wall of achievement, if desired.

Nothing will make me drop out of Pattern.  I have set a goal for myself, and that goal is to be flying Masters in 8 to 10 years.  I will work toward that end with as much vigilance as possible, giving in, when necessary, to all of the other things that go on in life.

I'll be around, no matter what happens to the Sportsman class.

Ken Thompson
D4 Sportsman, again