Class Structure

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Jan 10 09:19:34 AKST 2005

Ron:
You are correct.  The figures you describe below were the
compulsories..You were then cut loose to fly from a series of listed
figures.(Remember?)  You "cherry picked" the list; the rudder-only guys
had a lot fewer figures of which they were capable; the Class 2 (Mickey
Mouse) contestants could do more, due to their movable elevator.  .
(Sort of) The class 3 folks, (multi-channel) had better be able to do it
all if they wanted to place.  I sure like the good old days, but not
with the good old equuipment.
Ah, reminisces.

Bill Glaze

BTW: remember the crossover point for the "8" was ideally centered
exactly over the flier's transmitter antenna.  It'd get you disqualified
today!