Technology and Paticipation

Norm500 Norm500 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 9 14:19:08 AKST 2005

Well, the main point I was trying to make in my post that started
this discussion was that Pattern, because of its 2-meter size
rule, could be more attractive to electric flyers that IMAC.  This
could be a good thing for Pattern where you're trying to attract
new participants.  I'm prejudice of course, but it does seem that
the battery should be considered fuel under the current rules, in
which case no rule change should be required, just clarified.

I know I can scratch build a 2-meter plane under 11 lbs. with
battery, but I doubt many potential new pattern flyers could.

Norm