We're not starting that again, was: Re: adding complexity to Sportsman

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 07:07:19 AKST 2005

I respectfully disagree. Complexity of Masters bears little  resemblence to
that in Sportsman. The two are mutually exclusive events  and arguing the
semantics or politics of that, is counterproductive.

Sportsman complexity is fine as is. So is Masters, as is.

Earlier talk suggested to add something akin to a Finals schedule  series for
Masters Nats competition, different than the same ol' sequence, as a  means
to spark more interest. That's a decision the Masters community may want  to
make. If it wishes to  make the schedule more complex, great. I see  nothing
wrong with the challenge of more complex maneuvers. If the community  wishes to
keep the status quo, hey that's fine too.

Question in my mind is why is it that at Nats Finals, one is hard pressed  to
see spectators at the Masters site? Forget about spectators for a  moment, I
had a heck of a time filling 3 of 5 judges chairs. I know I  personally asked
about 2 dozen folks, and Don asked a bunch also. Every one  wants to observe
F3A and witness history, I suppose.

If the event crowns a National Champ, would the event be better
attended/spectated if it were more entertaining/interesting? That's essentially  the
question on the floor.

MattK

In a message dated 1/9/2005 5:45:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,