YS 140L idle problem

Earl Haury ehaury at houston.rr.com
Sat Jan 8 03:28:46 AKST 2005

Ihncheol

Suggest changing the "plunger" valve - the silicone valve that the regulator
spring sets on - these will deteriorate over time (with or without engine
runs) and allow fuel to leak through the regulator. One way to check is,
with the system pressured up - engine not running, is this. Remove the fuel
line from the carb, there should only be a spurts of fuel exit this line as
the engine is rotated. Fuel flowing continuously signifies a leaking
regulator. (Another clue regarding a leak is that the regulator is 1/2T
open - normal is flush with the housing.)

As to the upright / inverted thing. When the engine is upright any excess
fuel is swept from the crankcase by the airflow continuously. However, when
inverted at idle some of the excess fuel will accumulate in the piston
cavity, eventually a large quantity will get to the airflow and flood the
engine (plug).

Earl