YS 140L idle problem

Ihncheol Park PatternFlyer at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 7 23:15:50 AKST 2005

Hi, All,

I got a friend in Gainsville, Florida who is having trouble running a YS
140L.  The engine has about 2 gallons through it.

It is mounted in a 2m pattern plane.  OS-F, Coolpower 20%.
The engine runs well above idle. (If the plane is inverted; the upright
position for the enigne, the engine idles well for a long period).
1.5 turns for the highspeed needle and the idle also similar.  Regulator is
slightly open (maybe around 1/2 turn)

He says the engine spits a lot of fuel in upright or inverted position
during running and/or stopped.  Check valve is fine, diaphram is fine,
adjusting the idle airbleed screw didn't change much.
He already checked for any debris around plunger and regulator housing.
Still the same.
He's got two of 140L, but only one is doing this.

I am not sure how he sets the idle, but was told that the high is around
8700 rpm.  No idea about prop, but I believe APC 15.5x12 which I gave him.
I am not sure if his engines have the piston modification.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Ihncheol Park