Kits - was PL Prod

Dave Reaville dkrev at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 7 11:10:38 AKST 2005

Hi guys,

Interesting discussion on these issues.

Obviously each producer has a relationship with the buyer and simply put, that is something that either works or doesn't depending on ones individual perspective.  If issues arise that need addressing following the purchase/production/delivery then the buyer must be proactive in seeking remedy and the producer must have a willingness to make things right. Together the end result is a "level" of satisfaction for both parties. Apart and the result is a negative for both the producer and the buyer.

I personally have dealt with ZN-Line in France and have ordered three kits from them over the past few years. I went out on a limb and was one of two people that first ordered the Enigma design into North America. I am not sponsored by ZN-line in any way but just wanted to say I have had very good service, the kits are of high quality and the finished planes performed to my satisfaction to the point that I would not hesitate in recommending the kits to anyone willing to spend the money. Availability is always an issue (unless the manufacturer lives next door!) so I simply explained to my wife that I needed two :-)

I echo Eric's comments that he hates to see a reduction in choice, regardless of the imperfections in the business relationships expressed here and on RCU. I have not flown a PL Products design but I will admit I have perused their website a time or two :-)

As there is almost a foot of fresh snow outside I am off to the shop to get things ready for the upcoming season.

Safe building & flying,

Dave Reaville
NSRCA I-VP
Canada West District