.now Challenge!

Acroman300 at aol.com Acroman300 at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 19:14:40 AKST 2005

I'd like to see some pics of Tom's airplane now that it has been mentioned.

And I REALLY can't wait to see your airplane Mike, you have been getting me
psyched up about it for a while.

All of this talk has gotten me motivation to finish my design up and build
it. I am still stumped at this juncture with regard to the structure of it. My
buddy Joey Hayes built a plane back in 2001 (If I remember correctly) that was
about the same fuse volume as my airplane and his came out at 9.75 give or
take from what he was telling me the other day. That was with a built up wood
cowl, Hydeout wings and stabs (foam), and completely covered in Monokote. I was
going to go with a CF cowl and chin cowl, but what he was telling me has gotten
me wondering about it. It certainly would be easier to finish, as I am much
more competent with a covering iron than I am with fiberglass and paint, or at
least I think I am, I have never glassed and painted before. But the cowl is
rather curvy so I think glass or CF would be easier.

I guess I just need more time to sit and think and look at what works and
what doesn't.

Ryan