.now Challenge!

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 18:59:10 AKST 2005

You're not going to get many bites on this one, because people like to get paid for hard work. I thought I'd get my one and only negative thought out of the way. There, it's gone. I hope I'm wrong.

With that out of the way, I'll take you up on that one, I LOVE the way you think!  I'll put my arse on the line as well. Yours is flying, mine is still on the table, but if you do it, I'll do it as well. If people decide to build these, they are going to want cores, maybe some composite parts. I'm sure we could find someone to make them at a fair price, and if not, I'll do that as well. Most people just won't tackle a 100% wood plane, but mostly wood with foam cores and a couple of composite parts, yes LOTS of people will do it. What amazed me was the sheer number of people that do it...in EUROPE! It seems to be the US that is plagued the hardest with this "I gotta have a euro-kit or I won't bother" syndrome. Most of the people that wanted my drawings were from europe. With a lot more from Australia and South America. But better than half went to europe...that's what suprised me.

You do a plane, then I'll do one. IF the powers that be in K factor land like the idea, and there's interest enough over here to bother with it. If that be the case, then let the pattern rennaiscance begin!!!

For what it's worth, I've seen detailed pics of Tom's Merlin. It's different, but gorgeous...an absolute work of art. The japanese would drool, I did.

Also people are going to want full sized plans. If you're too picky for hand drawn, you can't have mine either =) You'd be suprised how many people will offer to cad it up and even make laser cut parts if the interest is there. At some point somebody is going to have to get some money of some degree I imagine, but in the spirit of this project it should be kept to a resonable level, and I mean so anyone could afford it.

In short, I'll match that challenge. Anyone else?

-Mike