NB Engineering ---- was PL Products

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 17:19:43 AKST 2005

I agree TOTALLY! It's so GREAT to hear good stuff like that, I only wish more people would support these kind of guys, and not just because Flier X flies one....

Another good point was brought to my attention today. Mike Harrison has been flying his own stuff for years, as has Bryan Hebert. No they haven't won the worlds yet, but they do rather well wouldn't you say? And they did it without marching to the beat of someone else's drum. Neither of them get enough credit. This is the kind of stuff that drives me.

I wish more people would compete with and do well with North American and (well supported!) designs. Or thier own stuff. Whatever it takes to break the stranglehold of the european kit makers. Just to shake things up and bring people back to reality.

Think about this: what happens if a japanese guy starts cleaning house at the worlds again? You know they fly wood planes over there, and they do quite well too.....what then?

It's a subject that could be beaten to death (and has been....guilty as charged). But it's a large enough issue to warrant some discussion, positive and negative.

-Mike