Video Pattern Q

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 18:17:46 AKST 2005

In the USA, NTSC is the standard for the number of
lines, refresh rate, and a couple of other paramters
regarding a video signal.

The video input to your VCR is most likely a composite
signal, or all video information on a single wire. The
connection is an RCA plug, yellow in color if it is
color coded. Mechanically the same as the RCA
connectors used for consumer grade line level audio
signals.

--- Bob Pastorello <rcaerobob at cox.net> wrote:

> What flavor "video" signal do I need to the input of
> a VCR?  NTSC, PAL, "Composite", what?
> I want to use my video card output to go to a
> recorder.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Bob Pastorello
> NSRCA 199  AMA 46373