Temperatures acceptable for equipment while flying.....?

White, Chris chris at ssd.fsi.com
Wed Jan 5 04:08:03 AKST 2005

Hi,

Hey, I was out flying on Christmas Eve in OK and it was about 22
degrees.....  I spent extra time warming the YS at idle, but thoughts
were crossing my mind about how bad the cold weather is on our equipment
(nylon components etc....) .  I'm sure the guys up North have limits on
cold temps and I'd be interested to hear your concerns or special cares.

I'm running a balsa/foam airplane, YS140 Sport (30% CP Heli fuel), and a
JR PCM 10X with Digitals and Nimh batteries.

Thanks for your feedback....!
Chris White