1/2 speed

Michael Ramsey michaelr at flying-models.com
Mon Jan 3 05:46:03 AKST 2005

I like the engines.

Specifically, I've tested the .90 and found it to be reliable, and easy to start (doesn't need the starter wand) even by hand. It seems to be best suited for scale applications as I didn't feel they throttled well enough for aerobatics use (perhaps a change of carburetor is all it needs). The engine can idle very low (like in the low teens), but has a recommended top speed at around 4,400 rpm. They take a while to break-in (because of the gear box) on a specific fuel, and they have a great deal of gear noise.

Food for thought, Michael Ramsey