Sequence Poll Results - clipped

Randy randy10926 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 2 14:43:54 AKST 2005

Would Master's look any different if being a 'Stepping Stone' to FAI was just one of several goals instead a driving force?

I do not fly Masters, but judge it at most of the local contests I go to.  It seems a big enough jump from advanced, so I not sure your would want to have the total K-Factor any higher than it is.  I saw some advance pilots move up to Master at the last contest of last year, and they sure did not need an even harder sequence.  Sure would not think of adding rolling circles, vertical knife-edge loops or etc. from the FAI world.  You would end up with just another FAI sequence; like USA-05 instead of P05 or F05.

Personnally I am not so sure the link between Master and FAI has been all that tight.  The update cycles are different enough to make it difficult to do it even if you were trying.  It seems to me that we have have already been succeeding at having Master be both a 'designation' class and a 'stepping-stone' to FAI.

Randy