Sequence Poll Results

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Jan 2 09:43:28 AKST 2005

Randy,

I agree 100% that the Masters class CAN be several things at the same time. I believe the Masters class will always be a stepping stone to the FAI class. I just don't think that the "stepping-stone" idea should be the main driving force for what we try to accomplish with the Masters class.

Sponsership? Well, don't get me started on that. :-)

Bob Richards.

Randy <randy10926 at comcast.net> wrote:
To be honest are we making a mountain out of a mole hill?  I see no reason why a master's class can not be several things at the same time like (1) an AMA designation class, (2) Almost a hard as FAI, and (3) a stepping stone to the FAI class for those that desire to compete in the international world.

And I do not believe that FAI is a 'Professional' class.  We have many FAI pilots in this country that are not 'professional'.  We have sponsored pilot and are lucky to have them, but most do not get enough sponsorship to be truly 'professional' FAI pilots.  Almost all have other jobs and business opportunities that take time away from just being a 'professional FAI pilot'.  Our team needs as much support as they can get to be a USA Team and compete at the world level.

Randy Hatfield