perry pump vp-30

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Mon Feb 28 17:27:04 AKST 2005

Ron,
 Actually it does. It looks like, on the O.S. F.S. motors, the crankcase
vent goes to the intake manifold instead of the atmosphere (that long piece
of fuel line on the right side of the motor). Maybe if you tapped into this
line for the pump with a 'T', you should be OK. Give it a try and see how it
runs. The worst thing you'll have to do is replace a piece of fuel line (if
it doesn't work as intended). Try to keep all of the lines as short as
possible. A lot less trouble than tapping the back plate. Has anyone out
there try tried this already? Oh yeah, if you mount the pump with the nylon
strap included with the pump, you'll see it's a loose fit. The pump could
slide out. I put a piece of heat shrink around the pump first, shrink it,
then install the clamp. Don't use too much heat in one place at a time -
just enough to shrink the tubing lightly. The clamp will do the rest.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com