perry pump vp-30

ron donato ronbon172 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 12:08:51 AKST 2005

thank you Bob,
my engine does not have a vent nipple. it must be vented in a different manner. so, i will drill and tap a port in the rear cover and that should work.

Bob Kane <getterflash at yahoo.com> wrote:
I ran the VP-30 on a Saito 150 setup as follows:

Saito has a crankcase vent, I suspect the OS70 does
also, every non-YS four-stroke I have seen has a
crankcase vent.

Very short piece of fuel tubing from the crank nipple
to a TEE, another short piece from the TEE to the
pump. The other side of the TEE goes to atmosphere and
should be at least 6 inches long. You can't simply
hook the vent to the pump, there has to be a path for
blowby gasses and crud to go.

Tune the carburetor for correct operation without the
pump. Then put the pump inline and tune the pump
pressure so the engine is running correctly again. You
can fine tune the carb once the pump is close.

--- ron donato wrote:

> o.k.-does anyone know if you can run one of these on
> a four stroke os70 by tapping the back plate, and if
> so, is there enough pressure to make the pump
> operate?

=====
Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com