Weight limit discussion

Ron Lockhart ronlock at comcast.net
Sun Feb 27 15:42:11 AKST 2005

The intent and goal of the 2 1/2 % over weight allowance as you desribe it is fine.
But the verbage for a such a rule  (allows "slightly" overweight of contemporary designs,
because of prop, repairs, etc)  is likely to be subjective and difficult to work with.

I sort of like the idea of allowing extra weight (say one lb?) for Sportsman only.
But then we have the situation of telling a successful Sportsman pilot that he has
to buy a new plane to move to Intermediate.  Attempts to aleviate that issue will
likley find us on a steeping slipper slope.

Ron Lockhart