Weight limit discussion

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Feb 25 10:22:03 AKST 2005

Hey Bob,  I'm not asking for my own edification...as you state...it's
pretty obvious.  I'm asking because others don't seem to agree.  My
point is the same as yours...that "Followership"....or I liked the
phrase Trickle down Patternomics..lol...  IS the norm.  So raising the
weight limit WILL lead to new, larger designs, those WILL be
better...everyone in the lower classes WILL want them...and they still
won't be able to build them under the new weight limit.  Nothing will be
gained, but the cost to all will be higher as all the old equipment
loses value and everyone has to retool.

So my point is simply if you don't believe that's what will
happen...then explain why the lower classes aren't flying the existing
2M planes that are easy to build under 5Kg.

-mark