FAI Weight Thread

Ed Miller edbon85 at charter.net
Wed Feb 23 14:44:39 AKST 2005

5.5Kg or by my calculations 12 pounds 1+ ounce is fine for glow with fuel and electric with batteries. If that levels the playing field, if it needs leveling, those are numbers I can live with. In fact at 12 pounds, a conventional glass/foam/balsa/ply large 2 meter plane ( like the EMC ) can be built with electric power and make weight. But I wonder do we really need to mess with the weight issue ?? There was a time I was all for raising the 5Kg limit, not so anymore. Although the prospect of building an E power EMC is enticing. The real issue is do we ( USA AMA ) continue to follow FAI should they adopt an absurd rule that obsoletes all our toys overnight ??? I hope not.
Ed M.