NATS

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Feb 21 18:19:42 AKST 2005

NATSGordon,

You can ship it to the AMA. I know this has been done before. Just contact them and work out the details. Steve Kaluf has a new helper that is solely in charge of the Nationals. I forget the name just now....but he can "catch" your models and they will be sitting there ready.....

Other options

I flew back to North Carolina a few times before Jenny and I were married. I found an airline that had a direct flight to Charlotte from Denver. I then shipped my model with them Air Cargo. Costs were down and the model would arrive in short order. This was not on my flight but a few days before. I would tell them to hold for pickup on such and such a day. When I arrived we drove around to the Cargo side of the terminal...In this case is was US Airways. Picked up the models and took them to the contest. On return did the same thing and shipped them back....in both cases the models arrived about the time if not before my non-direct flight landed in Denver. SO it was drive to the Cargo area and pick up the package.

This was perfect and would work for you flying into Indy as you would probably rent a van anyways. Check with the Airline as this was pre-9/11 but they have the details worked out and should get it done for you.

Shipping as Oversized bag was expensive....about $150 per box each way. The Cargo freight rate was about $75-90 for both boxes and was based solely on its weight about 80lbs in wood boxes.

By the way these boxes were way too big for UPS....and FedEx ground was the only other option and was about $200 each way for ground 5 day delivery.

Troy