PPG K-36 Primer?

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Mon Feb 21 16:51:57 AKST 2005

Ken,

whilst I'm not familiar with your exact products, I have done this sort of thing many times. I now keep just two types of reducer ( fast and slow) and use them for my 2 pack primers ( I still have several types and brands). I have experienced no problems whatsoever. Now when shooting colours though...I highly recommend that you only use the correct thinners/reducer for the job.

FWIW..(these products may not be available in the US?) I have settled on 'De Beer"  2-pack primer, 'PPG COBRA' clear over base and 'De Beer' clearcoat.

I have used Glasurit 2k primer, but unless you sand within an hour or so its concrete! Works good on cars but not so good on planes.

As far as painting goes I have probably broken all the rules at least once, so in my opinion you should be safe in using the reducer for your 2 pack primer.

Tom