practice

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Sat Feb 19 19:32:32 AKST 2005

Very cool, ya know when I got my AFPD yours was the first plane I thought of
=)

It's neat to have some feedback on how close that one is to a real one, I
was waiting for that. The biggest difference in it and my own is power and
rudder, the smaragd requires more throttle and more rudder. I went in and
tuned that up immediately, because after a week of bad weather and flying
the sim, I found myself subconsciously gunning my plane too much and dorking
up my slow rolls. LOTS of other things cleaned up though, mainly the rudder
intensive stuff.

I had to play with the throws a little as well, especially to make it snap
like I am used to. Not sure if it's right or not, I guess I'll find out in 4
weeks.

It's definitely no substitute for the real thing by any means, but when we
have weather stretches like this, it's good to just keep messing with it and
I'm not as jumpy when I get my own back in the air. This thing is also
excellent for playing with new sequences and getting used to the correct
inputs without risking a plane, ESPECIALLY at my skill level.

Thanks for the input, I'm gonna go play some more.....flying at 11:30 at
night, gotta love it =)

-Mike