Sound Level meter requirements

tony at radiosouthrc.com tony at radiosouthrc.com
Wed Feb 16 16:53:31 AKST 2005

John:

Yes, it is very tricky.  The problem is finding the known reference.  That's why we have to re-calibrate so often even with a "quality" meter.  AMA told me at the time that the calibrator device itself was about $500.00...  Of course, it was designed specifically to fit over the mic of that particular brand of meter, and may not be very accurate with another meter unless a custom head was built to hold the calibrator exactly the same distance from the mic while blocking all outside noise sources...

Tony Stillman
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32505