NEWEST "Pattern Field Equipment"

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Feb 11 07:48:02 AKST 2005

On Feb 10, 2005, at 11:50 PM, John Pavlick wrote:

>  It doesn't say how much it weighs - what good is that? It's not easy
> to remove the battery from my Focus...  Actually I use a small china
> dish to charge my park-flyer LiPos in. I saw people putting them on
> pieces of metal (presumably to prevent a fire - metal should be able
> to withstand the heat of a battery fire), then placing the piece of
> metal on a car seat. Duh! I wonder if they realize what happens to the
> metal if the battery bursts into flame (Uh, it gets HOT!!!). Obviously
> not. The china plate is a good insulator. You probably have a few of
> these in the kitchen cupboard already (that's where I got mine). Talk
> about cheap!

One of the LiPo guys in our club made a small "coffin" (yeah that's
what it looks like) out of Portland cement to charge his LiPos.  He
made two molds out of stiff cardboard (one for the coffin bottom and
one for the top), mixed up some cement, poured it in the mold and
waited for it to "dry".  The actual work time was about half an hour.
Being lazy, I just use a ceramic planter I got from Lowe's.

Ron Van Putte