NEWEST "Pattern Field Equipment"

brianyemail-nsrca at yahoo.com brianyemail-nsrca at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 04:31:59 AKST 2005

Besides metal is conductive.....so will short the battery if the right circumstances occur. Dont ask how I know, your better off w/ ceramic tile or bowl.

John Pavlick <jpavlick at idseng.com> wrote:Bob,
 It doesn't say how much it weighs - what good is that? It's not easy to remove the battery from my Focus...  Actually I use a small china dish to charge my park-flyer LiPos in. I saw people putting them on pieces of metal (presumably to prevent a fire - metal should be able to withstand the heat of a battery fire), then placing the piece of metal on a car seat. Duh! I wonder if they realize what happens to the metal if the battery bursts into flame (Uh, it gets HOT!!!). Obviously not. The china plate is a good insulator. You probably have a few of these in the kitchen cupboard already (that's where I got mine). Talk about cheap!

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com