Header and Pipe cleaner

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Thu Feb 10 08:51:09 AKST 2005

That's it Jon!!
Calphalon headers!
      :)   Dino

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer
Kodeos Communications
111 Corporate Blvd.
South Plainfield, N.J. 07080
(908) 222-7817 phone
(908) 222-2392 fax
d.pappas at kodeos.com

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]On Behalf Of Jon Lowe
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:58 AM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: RE: Header and Pipe cleaner

I did that on some race car parts, done by Jet Hot.  However those were steel headers.  With the relatively low melting temp of aluminum alloys, I'm not sure the car header technique would work.  Oil that dripped on my headers did bake on, just like on our headers, and was NOT easy to remove.  The coatings were as hard as nails, and prevented rust, the main concern in my case.

However, there are different coatings that are put on automotive piston tops and heads to improve combustion, so there are lower temp coatings available. How applicable those are to our application, I don't know.

Jon Lowe