Rules don't grow sports!

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 9 07:23:42 AKST 2005

Pete,

I'm familiar with the "claim" concept, and the dollar limit idea.

Questions I have -
-How does one deal with used equipment?  Much of the top of the line stuff from the top fliers gets recycled to flyers in the lower classes - I know in the northeast alone that myself, Don Szczur, Eric Henderson, George Asteris, Earl Vincent, and Joe Lachowski (to name a few) have all sold planes were capable of flying at the highest levels to Sportsman and Intermediate pilots - some of the planes were well used and bare bones (relatively cheap) while some were backup planes that were close to new and pretty much RTF (relatively expensive).
-How do you set the price limit - ie, no matter what price limit you set, somebody will always want the number raised .5%, or 2%, or 10% because "your" arbitrary price limit is "needlessly" shutting out some really good equipment combinations that would otherwise allow more people into the event (gee, sounds a lot like the discussion on weight limit).
-Do "professional" building fees get included in airplane cost?

BTW - it might be harder than you think to get "face time" in some of the major publications - like Model Aviation - pattern used to get more coverage - but it has dropped (probably proportionate to the reduction in our numbers) because the magazines view the pattern group as a small demographic and devote what they consider to be an appropriate amount of coverage.  Best way to combat this is too support magazines that support pattern - like FM - aka Mike Ramsey and Dean Pappas on this list.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart
DaveL322 at comcast.net