[SPAM] Re: *SPAM* Re: Rules Survey

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Tue Feb 8 19:58:33 AKST 2005

Bob,
 Glad you agree. Why would you need to weigh it more than once? Just fill
the tank (or install the largest battery pack) and weigh it at the start of
the contest. Since we're checking for MAX weight wouldn't this be
acceptable? Actually, if you look closely at the 5 kilo rule that defines a
"model" I believe it specifies that weight with a full tank of fuel. Only
the rules for pattern planes say otherwise. Actually, you wouldn't give the
"advantage" to the electrics, you would remove the handicap. Electrics are
weighed with the battery already. Doing it this way would eliminate more
problems than it would cause - I think.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com