[SPAM] Re: *SPAM* Re: Rules Survey

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 18:58:13 AKST 2005

I don't know if this is important to consider.  I think the reason for 11lbs = 5 Kilos is that internationally the airplanes over that weight are not considered model airplanes.  This basic rule is used if you want to use RC model airplane to break any record.  If you want to break a record using RC plane the first rule that applies is that weight has to be below 5 Kilos = 11 lbs.  I found this information when visiting the AMA museum.

Vince Bortone

That is my feeling as well. The only downside is that the enforcement would/could be more difficult. If the weight is with the tank empty, then you can weigh it once at the beginning of the contest, verifying that everything is present on the plane. If the weight is with fuel, you might have to weigh before every flight.

If the weight is ready-to-fly, then you would give some advantage back to the electrics, justifiably so, IHMO.

Bob R.

John Pavlick <jpavlick at idseng.com> wrote:
Here's my 2C: Whatever the weight limit is - make "Ready to fly" mean what is says: Full tank of fuel, fully charged battery, etc. That way we won't argue about technicalities.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com