[SPAM] Re: *SPAM* Re: Rules Survey

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Feb 8 18:24:23 AKST 2005

I don't think takeoffs and landings should be judged. At some contests and field conditions, it is simply dangerous to force everyone to land in front of the judges. This is especially true if the wind conditions change during a flight and the pilot is expected to land downwind cause that is the direction he took off. I have seen it happen. Takeoffs and landings are not aerobatic maneuvers by anyone's definition.

As for weight, if the 2m size becomes the only restriction, then you might see some IMAC legal biplanes entered, weighing 25+ lbs. A 2m Ultimate bipe would be huge. Would that be a problem? Depends on who is flying it, I suppose. Would that be an advantage? If someone wins with one, then it will be a perceived advantage. Everyone will have to have one.

My 2cw.

Bob R.