Rules Survey

steven maxwell patternrules at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 8 05:48:51 AKST 2005

 I don't really want to go though another weight debate here, we've been there done that, but heres a little different take on it, as sent to Don Ramsey and my rules committee person.

Ok here's my take on weight, if we change weight that won't help someone with a longer wing span, or change the noise limit, all of which is generally over looked at local contest, the weight thing comes up twice a year and with all the surveys has always came out the same NO CHANGE, if you really want to do something to make it easier for sportsman to fly a wider variety of plane just propose a STATEMENT not a rules change, at the starting of the sportsman sequence, that Sportsman are alloyed some variances to the size, weight and noise rules, please contact Contest Director for specifics.
  Steve Maxwell