Bud Ad in Bowl

rcaerobob at cox.net rcaerobob at cox.net
Mon Feb 7 12:12:27 AKST 2005

Since this is 'off-topic Monday', I thought I'd share a reaction I had to one of the ads from the Super Bowl.  Incredibly creative people were able to convey an amazing and emotional situation just through staging an "arrival" of troops at the airport.  One person clapped.  Then two, then before long, the entire concourse erupts in applause....for whom?  Returning vets in desert utility uniforms.  Closes with a simple "Thank You".

What a tremendous message!

What a huge contrast from my OWN 'homecoming' from VietNam in '72, where I was greeted with a crowd of spitters and curses.

Some things DO improve....I'm very happy a brewer cared to send that message last night!!!  I hope you are, also!

Bob Pastorello, El Reno, OK, USA
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net