M77 spray

Tom Simes nsrca at shinymetalass.com
Thu Feb 3 13:42:59 AKST 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:31:18 -0500
"Tom Hinton" <tph1 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Anyone use M77 contact cement spray to attach balsa to foam anymore> I
> was thinking of using it to attach the foam turtledeck on my Widebody?
> Any thoughts? thanks, Tom

Be very careful with that!  3M has changed the solvent in that adhesive
and it is no longer foam safe for many types of foam.  If you want to
use it, make sure you test on some scap first.  Personally I haven't
used anything but the polyurethane glues for gluing foam since I found
out how easy they are to work with and what a good bond they make.

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes
        --|--                NSRCA 3830