[NSRCA-discussion] Spam

Dave Harmon K6XYZ at valornet.com
Thu Dec 29 16:06:38 AKST 2005

Here's what's happening......

Google your own email address and you will see how the spammers get the
info.
They use a robot scanner that picks up on the [at] sign in the email
address.
I just noticed that on the NSRCA officers and district page at
http://www.nsrca.org/officersdistA.htm

Almost all the officers of the NSRCA have their email address in the
clear.
If the admin could go in there and change the email address like
this....
[at] and if there is a [dot] spell it out and enclose it in brackets.
That will prevent the robots from recognizing an email address.

For those of you that are already getting spammed, the above will do no
good and you will have to change your address to stop it.
If you have your address in the clear and have not received spam yet you
may be able to bracket your address before the bots git ya.

You can see how the bots got me......some lists are not using the same
software as NSRCA that hides the email address.

Note my email address in the text below.

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586
K6XYZ[at]valornet[dot]com