[NSRCA-discussion] Characteristic DA behavior?

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 27 06:36:29 AKST 2005

Is this something that is only happening in colder weather?  It's very normal behavior if you had an optimal needle setting in warmer weather and then this starts to happen when it's cold outside. You have to either richen the mixture a bit, probably around 1/8 turn per needle to start, or let it warm up for at least 30 seconds before you try to give it more than a little throttle.  I would richen it a bit to be sure you don't run lean and possibly cut out during flight.

Ed