[NSRCA-discussion] DC Area Clubs

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Dec 20 06:35:31 AKST 2005

Jim,

  The YS four-strokes do not depend on blow-by to lube the bottom end. The bottom end is actually used to supercharge the engine, so the fuel-air (and oil) enters the bottom end first before being pumped into the top end.

  Bob R.

jivey61 at bellsouth.net wrote:
  Arch
I would be concerned about the engine 160DZ oiling itself at that
Rpm.Running continous at that rpm there may not be enough blow-by to oil the
lower end,much less push oil to the cam and lifters. My experience was with
a OS40 4S on a put-put around Buzzard Bombshell. I replaced mains and cam
and rockers twice because of oiling problems at low rpm. Your engine
reliability may be a problem.
Just some thoughts.

Jim Ivey