[NSRCA-discussion] El Nino canopy

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Tue Dec 20 05:35:32 AKST 2005

Hey Ken,

No need to consider making molds, they already exist.  Bob Pannell has
them. If you truly wanted a "new" one...I'm sure I could get Geoff to
"pull" you a new clear canopy, but I think we'd need to talk to Bob
Pannell about laying up the center fiberglass piece that holds it, if
you need a new one of those.

As for fixing...you'll notice that the canopy in that plane is both
tinted and clear coated.  That's because the original "pull" was
horrible and had a lot of streaks and scratches in it.   It won't be
perfect, but if you can us a clear canopy glue to seal it, you can
actually SAND (wet sand with 600 or higher) the ridge smooth, and if you
respray clear...voila...it's smooth and clear again.  The clear coat
"fills" all the scratches from sanding.

Again...it's not perfect, but you'd be surprised how well it works.