Testing new mailing list server

Tom Simes nsrca at shinymetalass.com
Tue Dec 13 12:05:37 AKST 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:17:33 -0900
"Michael Laggis" <fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net> wrote:

> All,
> Tom Simes and I have set up a new nsrca test mailing list.  It is much
> easier to manage and it has a web front end for members and
> Moderators.  It will allow you to receive a daily digest of all
> messages of the day, allow you to stop emails from coming to you while
> your on vacation without unsubscribing to the list along with a host
> of other features.  You can test it out by going here

> When you join you will receive a confirmation email.  You need to
> click on the link to enable you subscription to the list.
>
> You can then send messages to
>
> nsrca-test at lists.f3a.us
>
> Give it a try and let me know.
>
> Michael Laggis

Just to clarify, the nsrca-test at lists.f3a.us list is not going to
become a new mailing list for the NSRCA.  It just a test list to let
folks try out the interface.  If the decision is made to move to new
mailing list software, we will do everything we can to make it as
seamless as possible for the group.  You shouldn't have to subscribe to
the new list (Michael and I would take care of that migration), the
address you use to send mail to the list (discussion at nsrca.org) wouldn't
change, and the archives would remain intact.  We would just swap out
the back end software for something more capable.

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes
        --|--                NSRCA 3830