Excess Aileron sensitivity around neutral

Terry Brox tbrox at cox.net
Tue Dec 6 16:57:18 AKST 2005

Something else to consider, though you said you dont believe it is tail heavy since it is not  twitchy on elevator, the Meridian has a pretty large stab, that plus the right amount of expo can keep pitch sensitivity under control yet ailerons can still be too sensitive. Then when you throttle up, more airflow over everything will help smooth some of the sensitivity out to some degree. I normally would not suggest this course on most pattern planes, however, on the Meridian, the stab is huge compared to most planes. Since it would not be too hard to add a couple of ounces of lead in the nose, you might try it along with decreasing aileron throw. Everyone has been right on, on the throw. I flew mine with 11 degrees for high rate. Good luck, Terry