Excess Aileron sensitivity around neutral

paul paul.horan at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 5 07:31:00 AKST 2005

    Oops, when I said the ailerons were OK at full throttle I meant to describe that the aileron authority was not excessive, not that the excessive sensitivity is speed or throttle related - it is not.  Sorry I was not more specific.
    Some more details:
* Servos are two digital 9252s, should be plenty of torque and have excellent resolution around neutral - no pot problems.
* Linkage is carbon fiber rod and no slop.
* Expo is - 45% to reduce the twich.  ATV is 100 % high rate 90% low 75% (normally high would be 100% but is dialed down while working this problem).
* Airframe - no loose covering, clevis pin is over hinge line at neutral, servo arm and control horn are 90 degrees at neutral (control geometry).  CG is rearward but not tail heavy - pitch is not twichy.
* have not measured  wing and stab incidence angles.

*** one thing that Del mentioned - Aileron trailing edge (and wing) taper to a very sharp radius ~ 3/32 to 1/8 inch.

Thanks,
Paul