Replacing elevator pot in Futaba WC2 transmitter

wayne wgalligan at texasairnet.com
Sun Dec 4 07:02:12 AKST 2005

Peter,

Its not very hard if you have electronics experience.  You do have to align
the pot so your dual rates stay centered.  I have had to replace the gimbal
arm on my 8UA a couple of times due to the spring retaining pin breaking.
So while doing this I had to make sure the pots where trimmed.  You can
twist the pots in either direction to achieve the neutral setting.   Once
you have everything in position turn your system on and check your dual
rates.  If the control surface moves when you switch from high to low rate
then move the pot a little and try the dual rates again to see if you moved
it in the right direction. Once the servo stays centered then snug the
retaining screws down so the pot stays in position.  Hope this helps.

Wayne Galligan