dz questions

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Wed Aug 31 21:12:12 AKDT 2005

Keep running the Cool Power and it will eventually clean all that crap out of your motor. This is what I found when I switched.

Reality is I have found a huge difference in the longevity of my motors running the Cool Power 30% Heli fuel. I was really surprised I ran the local Denver fuel for a long time and never thought I was having any trouble...Typical Bearings and rebuilds that I was satisfied with. An occasional something like a cam gear or rear bearing would shoot craps but it was not common and I felt I was doing good. In fact I felt it was a good product. But when I switched man was I surprised at the benefit...Now I fly alot....but I see the benefits. Another plus of the switch was the fuel was much less harsh on the paint job. Even the PPG concept Urethane would not like prolonged (1 flights worth) of exposure. I had to wipe it off immediately especially in any cracks like belly pan seems and such. If not it would make it look I had hit it with something advertised on TV to remove paint from an old desk or lawn chair.

The Cool Power 30% heli is much more forgiving to the paint. I have yet to have a problem with any of the paints I'm using; PPG concept or the Oxai models paint using the CP 30% heli....I have not noticed a difference in performance between the two fuels. I personally think the CP smokes a little less but it still smokes which is a side effect I don't like. On the other hand there is a solution to the smoke problem it just means less performance and I don't think its worth changing a good thing.

Since going to the Cool Power Heli bearing life seems to be almost infinite....I have one of my  160DZs with 700 flights on original bearings and its still clean and clear inside. That's 2 full seasons of my flying that motor. It has been rebuilt with a new ring a couple times...but is on original piston and liner.  Any carbon that might be on top of the piston wipes off with a thumb a drop of raw fuel. Exhaust port and exhaust valve are black from heat but no build up....

I was really surprised at the results. Try it you might be too.

Troy