Gator Wing Adjustors

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun Aug 21 14:00:25 AKDT 2005

Jerry,

If the wings are set to the proper location for incidence I stick a little
silicone RTV in the mechanism of the adjuster. Then stick the wings on and
let it cure over night. This will keep the screws from moving back and forth
in the metal frame causing it to wear. When you wiggle the pin look at the
top and bottom of the metal frame and you can see the slop. If its bad I
would say replace. If its just a smidge then stick some silicone in there.
It doesn't take much as silicone is heavy. Also a small amount can be pulled
off and adjustments made. But if you really lock it up tight it will be very
difficult to remove if you need to adjust later on.

Troy Newman