Snap or not K Factor

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:52:21 AKDT 2005

Tried this once in Scale Aerobatics and it didn't go over real big.  Lots of complaints about the unpredictability and unfairness of tailslides led to lowering the K factor if memory serves correctly.  I think we also upped the K factor on rolling circles because they're freakin' hard, but at least you are managaing all elements all thre way through etc.  Anyway, a counter argument was that we had done a bad thing by tinkering with the K factors of what was officially established by CIVA.  The reset button was hit and these days other types of tinkering prevails there.  Life goes on...

Ed