Judging Trianing proposal

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Tue Aug 16 04:55:14 AKDT 2005

Bob Pastorello has on his web site (or at least had; I haven't looked at
it for a few weeks)  some clips showing different maneuvers, that can be
set up to show common mistakes for both pilots and judges.  He uses
PowerPoint.  It would be a great step forward to combine this technology
with our current video.  While the current video is good, if it was
combined with the potential of PowerPoint, it could be a huge
advantage.  Or so I see it.

Bill Glaze

Chuck Hochhalter wrote:

>Maybe we are onto something here guys.  Scrolling back through the
>hundreds of pages of judging material nobody suggested posting specific
>troublesome maneuvers for others to view and "judge". Since everyone has
>seen the same maneuver being flown, Don or a "expert" could pick apart
>the whole thing and coach others on how the downgrades "should" be
>handled to score properly and then the "student" could compare himself
>to the proper scoring technique.  How simple can you get, we can all
>find time to get on here and complain about poor judging or unfair
>judging or whatever judging but would we take the 3 minutes to observe a
>short video and make our own notes and then 2 days later once everyone
>has had the opportunity to view etc Don could post his 2 bits.
>
>Sort of like this:
>
>Any NSRCA member can submit a short mpg to Don who posts it on his site
>for viewing say Monday - Wednesday. Wednesday night Don posts his
>critique of the maneuver.  Thursday all hell breaks loose on the
>discussion list for comments and then on Saturday it's a closed case.
>MOVE ON to the next maneuver and pilots don't cry when your 10 goes home
>a 6.5
>
>Just a thought.
>
>Chuck Hochhalter
>Upcoming Pattern pilot who needs more time in the chair (and on the
>sticks)

>To access the email archives for this list, go to
>http://lists.f3a.us/pipermail/nsrca-discussion/
>To be removed from this list, go to http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm
>and follow the instructions.
>
>List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.