Judging Trianing proposal

Chuck Hochhalter chochhalter at direcway.com
Tue Aug 16 03:38:06 AKDT 2005

Maybe we are onto something here guys.  Scrolling back through the
hundreds of pages of judging material nobody suggested posting specific
troublesome maneuvers for others to view and "judge". Since everyone has
seen the same maneuver being flown, Don or a "expert" could pick apart
the whole thing and coach others on how the downgrades "should" be
handled to score properly and then the "student" could compare himself
to the proper scoring technique.  How simple can you get, we can all
find time to get on here and complain about poor judging or unfair
judging or whatever judging but would we take the 3 minutes to observe a
short video and make our own notes and then 2 days later once everyone
has had the opportunity to view etc Don could post his 2 bits.

Sort of like this:

Any NSRCA member can submit a short mpg to Don who posts it on his site
for viewing say Monday - Wednesday. Wednesday night Don posts his
critique of the maneuver.  Thursday all hell breaks loose on the
discussion list for comments and then on Saturday it's a closed case.
MOVE ON to the next maneuver and pilots don't cry when your 10 goes home
a 6.5

Just a thought.

Chuck Hochhalter
Upcoming Pattern pilot who needs more time in the chair (and on the
sticks)

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.