Quincy contest/Tangerine Contest

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 15 07:55:38 AKDT 2005

I don’t think it is much different now – the profit on the gas is very small – maybe the same 5 cents a gallon (upfront at least).  The dealers get rebates post-sale based on volumes.  In NJ, due to environmental liabilities, the major oil companies won’t even get involved with a station that is under 100,000 gallons per month.  The small stations make 90% of their money on the repairs and quick mart sales.

Dave
(environmental consultant during the day)