Impact failure (again)

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Sun Aug 7 15:06:02 AKDT 2005

In a message dated 8/7/2005 3:23:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
cjm767driver at hotmail.com writes:

Well, we had another Impact tail failure this weekend at  our contest
in St. Charles, Il.  Luckily the pull-pull cables kept it  attached and
he was able to land it safely.  The plane had the  formers and a foam
crutch installed to prevent this from breaking but it  failed at the rear
bulkhead anyways.  The ironic thing was that he  got this plane at a
discount from Composite Arf beacuse his Rev Pro had  the tail fall off
completely on the 2nd  flight.

Chris

To  access the email archives for this list, go  to
To be removed from  this list, go to http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm
and follow the  instructions.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be  removed from the list.

I have two of them the first one broke at the tail but I was able to repair
it. The second one is a Paradise version which had the former installed but I
didn't think much of the foam that was furnished with the kit so I  installed
a Nomex pannel with lightning holes in it's place and one from  the stab tube
rearward to the rudder post and have had no problems with it or  the repaired
one.I had to build a foam and balsa rudder for the repaired one to  save tail
weight.Both fly great now.
Buddy