Performance Judging? (back to original discussion)

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Aug 4 10:36:04 AKDT 2005

Ed,

I tend to put more faith in the lower scores. This is
especially true on high difficulty manuevers since
there are more opportunity for downgrades.

I have, on at least one occasion, given a zero for a
maneuver when there were no mandatory zero mistakes
made. Just because the maneuver was flown, and may
have even been recognizable, doesn't mean that it
deserves a non-zero score.

The snap "did it stall first" problem is, itself, a
judgement call.

Bob R.

--- Ed Deaver <divesplat at yahoo.com> wrote:

> As stated, judges are human, and just because
> someone gives a low score doesn't make them
> incorrect.
>
> ed

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.